When was the last time you invested in yourself? We know for entrepreneurs like you, it’s not always easy to accept this but it’s mostly proven that the investment with the highest rate of return is on your education. Yes, it not investments on cryptocurrency, stocks, nor foreign exchange – not for a short period of time that is.
Learning does not – and should not – stop in the classroom. It is a maxim that successful entrepreneurs will agree to. In fact, not investing in continuous learning is a quick and easy step toward getting left behind.
Below is a short list of earning events that we believe are worth investing in and will make the most of your business. Good news is, some of them are for FREE so all you need to invest is your time. So long as you take the learnings to heart, these will be the most worthwhile business capital that you can take.
- FOR EFFECTIVE MARKETING AND SALES
Mansmith and Fielders by “Market Guru” Josiah Go
What business would not survive without strategic marketing and sales? Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. has been providing guidance on those topics since 1989. As of 2018, they offer over sixty courses, which entrepreneurs can attend all throughout the year. Mansmith is led by a team of proven experts with topics that include strategy and innovation. They also advocate marketing excellence through information, ideas, inspiration, and infrastructure.
- KNOWN FOR: Day 8 Business Academy for SMEs, Markprof Annual Bootcamp for Young Marketing Leaders, Mansmith Young Market Masters Award
- TARGET ATTENDEES: Marketing Officers, Marketing Executives, Sales and Marketing Staff, Brand Managers, etc.
- RECOMMENDED COURSE: 2-Day MBA: 5 Skills of Master Strategist
- ESTIMATED LEARNING INVESTMENT: Php 3,000 – Php 15,000
- FOR ACCESS TO CAPITAL FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISES
Sinag Accelerate Program by BPI Sinag
Businesses are not always fixated on earning more, others hope to address social, cultural, and environmental issues as well. These social entrepreneurships are targeted by BPI Sinag. Through its Sinag Accelerate Program, the annual event provides entrepreneurs not only training but also access to capital.
The attendees are chosen from among several applicants, subject to criteria set by the foundation. For 2018, 40 entrepreneurs received in-depth mentoring in its week-long bootcamp seminar.
- KNOWN FOR: BPI Sinag Bootcamp, Sinag Accelerate Program
- TARGET ATTENDEES: Social Entrepreneurs, Social Enterprises
- RECOMMENDED PROGRAM: Sinag Accelerate Program
- ESTIMATED LEARNING INVESTMENT: Chosen candidates are mentored for free!
- FOR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Executive Education Programs by Asian Institute of Management
For a more formal education, the Asian Institute of Management offers its Executive Education Programs. The programs include open enrollment programs that teach the latest industry trends and provide a results-oriented curriculum and even custom programs that provide learning experiences unique to each company.
Their programs range from three days to one month, covering a variety of topics on management, leadership, business development, and strategies.
- KNOWN FOR: Open Enrollment Programs and Customized Development Education Programs
- TARGET ATTENDEES: Executives, Upper Management Personnel
- RECOMMENDED COURSE: Executive Master in Business Administration
- ESTIMATED LEARNING INVESTMENT: USD 27,500
- FOR FREE MENTORSHIP FROM SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS AND GOVERNMENT SUPPORT
Kapatid Mentor ME (KMME) Program by GoNegosyo and Department of Trade and Industry
Micro and small entrepreneurships (MSEs) comprise more than ninety percent of the businesses in the country, and DTI recognizes their contributions by providing them ample support through mentorship. DTI and Go Negosyo launched Kapatid project in 2016 to help MSEs scale up their business thru weekly coaching and mentoring by business owners and practitioners on different functional areas of entrepreneurship to be held in Negosyo Centers nationwide. New batches of KMME will roll out every year. The project aims to stimulate economic growth through MSEs, mentoring them in the fields of product development, marketing, operations, finance, and many others.
- KNOWN FOR: ASEAN Summits, DTI Go Lokal, Go Negosyo sa Radyo, Kapatid Agri Mentor Me Program, Mentor Me on Wheels
- TARGET ATTENDEES: Registered MSEs
- RECOMMENDED PROGRAM: 12 Week Mentoring Sessions at Negosyo Centers held nationwide
- ESTIMATED LEARNING INVESTMENT: Qualified mentees go through mentorship for free!
- FOR PROPER TAX COMPLIANCE AVOIDING PENALTIES, FINES, AND COMPROMISES
Executive Tax Briefing and Exclusive Tax Coaching by the Asian Consulting Group
Taxation can be an entrepreneur’s worst enemy, especially for the unprepared. As part of its advocacy, the Asian Consulting Group promotes tax education for businesses. Fines and penalties are unnecessary expenses, and proper tax compliance can lead to higher profits.
- KNOWN FOR: Tax Whiz Philippines, Tax Whiz Academy, Tax Roadshow
- TARGET ATTENDEES / RECOMMENDED PROGRAM:
- Executive Tax Briefing – Upper Management Personnel
- Exclusive Tax Coaching – Businesses and Startups
- ESTIMATED LEARNING INVESTMENT:
- Executive Tax Briefing – P2,500 to P5,000
- Exclusive Tax Coaching – P1,500 per attendee
We will be opening our new office on September 26 and we’re excited to welcome you to your NEW TAX HUB! If you wish to learn more you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form so our tax experts can assess your tax situation.
We hope you’re now convinced to invest in your further learnings. Not only will it benefit yourself, but your business as well.