Today is the deadline for the filing of annual income tax return (ITR) for taxable year 2017. The original deadline is on April 15 but since it falls on a Sunday, it was moved today, April 16.
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) reminded already taxpayers to pay their income tax due correctly and on time since there will be no extension. However, under the TRAIN law which took effect on January 1, 2018, the deadline for the filing of first quarterly income tax return for taxable year 2018 was moved to May 15.
Failure to declare true profit and pay the right taxes will be subject to 25% surcharge, 12% interest and a compromise penalty based on income tax due, or a minimum of P1,000 for no payment return.
For those who are required to file their tax returns electronically, BIR launched an e-Filing Center last April 2 located at the National Training Center Auditorium in Diliman, Quezon City. It has 15 work stations where individuals can file return, pay taxes and avail of BIR’s other electronic services. It was open even on Saturdays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and is open today for the last day of filing.
Just a few reminders to make sure you don’t get too stress out today.
1. Authorized BIR facilities for electronic filing and payment are accessible through the BIR website (www.bir.gov.ph)
2. Are you required, not required or exempted to file your annual ITR today? Here’s the list for easy reference:
3. Other BIR deadlines:
For inquiries and free assistance in filing your ITR:
- Call BIR Customer Assistance Division, formerly BIR Contact Center using the following new landline numbers: 981-7003, 981-7020, 981-7030, 981-7040, or 981-7046, or e-mail: email@example.com
- As advocacy partner of the BIR, CSR Philippines also offers #ITRHelpdesk in partnership with the Tax Whiz Academy of the Asian Consulting Group (ACG). Here’s how you can get free assistance:
- Call (02) 622-7720 or e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Tweet your question using #AskTheTaxWhiz and tag @askthetaxwhiz;
- Follow our Facebook pages: The Philippine Tax Whiz, CSR Philippines and Asian Consulting Group to share our #ITRHelpdesk posts i.e., bulletin, article or videos then post your question and tag us.
- For those with copy of the new TRAIN Handbook, you may drop by ACG Office for a one-on-one free assistance and consultation. RSVP: company name, tax concern, contact details to email@example.com for confirmation of your slot.